In this podcast I contrast some the current Conservative government’s policy proposals with alternatives offered by a couple of recently published reports, and then reflect on the current state of the debate, particularly the role of evidence.
(Running time: 28′ 07″)
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Shout/Capital Economics Report on investing in social housing
- Savills/NHF/JRF Report on Living Rents
- Housing Finance Institute
- Sabatier’s Advocacy Coalition Framework
- Kingdon’s Multiple Streams approach
- Flyvbjerg’s Rationality and Power
If you fancy subscribing to my podcasts you can find me on iTunes and Soundcloud.com. In both cases, searching for either Policy Unpacked or my Twitter handle (ShodanAlexM) should get you where you need to be.